This documentation describes the process of creating a custom video.
The script is the starting point for the success of your video. It is therefore essential that it takes into account all good practices. It breaks the video down into parts, specifying the text for each part, as well as any additional information (e.g. presence or absence of variables, logos or CTAs). Also take into account the voice-over track if necessary.
The Storyboard is the visual transcription of your script. It breaks down the script into several shots. It can be drawn succinctly, but it must include the text (title or tagline), as well as the content to be inserted (pictos/images/screenshots). The storyboard must also include the animation movements, camera (zoom/translation), as well as the variables (elements that will be customised), on each shot.
Once the storyboard has been validated, we move on to the video production stage, which consists of the graphic creation and animation of the video or the capture of real video. The whole thing is edited and animated, finally, on Adobe After Effects.
Note: we advise having a low weight package, so that rendering times are fast. To do this, we recommend that you “freeze” the animation (i.e. flatten all animations).
The package is the folder containing the data and configurations allowing to create a Vidata project. It is this folder that we synchronise on the Vidata platform, allowing us to create Vidata (personalised videos according to your Datas).
- The package must contain:
- An After Effects project in .aepx.
- A .Json code (necessarily named "configuration").
- An audio file in .aac.
- A folder containing the After Effects project resources.
The package is necessarily a folder on Google Drive in order to use the URL to synchronize it on the platform.
- Once the package is created and finalised, it must be synchronised on the platform. You just have to take the last part of the URL of the Google Drive folder, placed behind the last "/".
- https: //drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1gTGExpunRguPXuPaHfNgCDqhE
- https: //drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1Kv3bIlG-dlqy1qiy0rzRCBi
- Then create a new template by clicking on "Create a new video".
- Paste the URL you copied earlier into "With a Google Drive ID".
- Choose the organization of the project in "Bind to organization" and click on "Save".
- Click on "IMPORT".
If everything is correct, the synchronisation will start, if not, an error message will be displayed, telling you where the error comes from.
In case of an unknown error, contact a VIDATA developer.
In order to check the conformityof your package, you need to testit.
The first step is to make sure that the rendered example video conforms to what you wanted to import into the platform.
When the video conforms to your expectations in terms of structure, you can send a test to check that the variables are working properly.
Your package isready and compliant!